The Groton Public Library Endowment Trust was created in 1996 as a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt organization. Its purpose is to assist in maintaining the quality and excellence of the Groton Public Library in Groton, Massachusetts. The funds were (and continue to be) raised to supplement but not replace funds appropriated annually by the town. Income from the fund is used to enhance and enrich the library's collections, programs, and other special needs. Some of the projects the trust has funded include:
- Museum passes
- Laptop Lab for adult and student instruction
- Art Gallery exhibits and curator
- Summer Reading incentives for young adults and children
- Historic document preservation and digitization
- Memoir writing workshops
- Author visits, lectures, music, and more
- GrotonREADS - a community-wide reading event
- Tales and Tunes children's programs
- Books, audiobooks, and enhancements to CD and DVD collections
There are five appointed Trustees who serve without compensation for four-year terms (with the exception of the Library Director). Their charge is to oversee investments and allocate funds to benefit the Groton Public Library.
The Endowment works to help make the Groton Public Library the best it can be! Your donation can help us in this mission.